How To Set Up An Etsy Store In 8 Easy Steps
It’s not hard to believe that nearly all businesses now include the ability to purchase products online. In fact, there are even networks where the sole purpose is to help individual entrepreneurs get their products online. Etsy is one of the most popular networks for selling products online, and a great place to list your products to sell. Selling on Etsy is easy, and creating a profile to for your products is free. Here are a few steps to guide you through the process.
- Policies & Procedures. The first step in the process is to read the Etsy seller’s requirements in order to learn about their policies and procedures. It takes some time to read through this document, but it’s helpful and will save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
- Do Your Research. Before you even open your store, spend some time gathering information from other shops by researching their Etsy shop. As you research other stores, you will learn tips and tricks on how to set up your own store, what looks good, and different catch phrases that seem to be working well.
- Sign Up To Sell. Once you have done your research, you are ready to sign up. You can sign up for an Etsy store here. As soon as you are signed up, click on “Open Store.” Here you will be asked to confirm your language and currency. Make sure to get this option right, because Etsy is available all over the world.
- Set Up Your Shop. To set up your shop, all you have to do is choose your seller classification (handcrafter or collector). Remember that if you are selling a product, you should select “handcrafter.” After you have selected your classification, fill out your profile completely. Setting up your shop is very intuitive and Etsy will guide you through it step-by-step.
- List Your Products. After you have an account and a profile, you are ready to add your products. Make sure to include a picture of each product (pictures really are worth a thousand words, especially on Etsy), name the price, and add a short description.
- Name Your Store. Once your products are listed, you will need to name your Etsy shop. Make sure that you don’t use an Etsy store name that already exists. You can do this by quickly conducting a search in Etsy.
- Get Paid. The most popular way to receive payments on Etsy is through PayPal (learn how to set up a PayPal account here). However, PayPal is not the only payment option. You can also receive payments by check or money order, or you can accept credit cards.
- Deliver On Time. Finally, when you make a sale, make sure you deliver on time and that the product arrives as promised. This will help you earn a positive reputation and grow your sales.
Now that you know how to set up an Esty store, you can now start selling your product. Good luck! You can do it.
- Business Loans for CoronaVirus Affected Small Businesses - March 21, 2020
- Top Business Resources for Women Veteran Owned Businesses - March 5, 2020
- Small Business Borrowing Success Stories - February 5, 2020