How to Use Video for Your Business
You already know that videos can boost your search engine page rankings, increase customer or client engagement, and make your website more attractive. According to this TechCrunch article, most internet users watch nearly 200 videos a month. Knowing that video can help your business, however, doesn’t tell you how to use video to help your business. Many business owner don’t know either how to make a video about their business or even what kind of video can help their business. Here’s what you need to know.
What Kind of Video Should I Make?
There are essentially six different kinds of videos you can make. They are as follows.
- Product or service explanation. Like most businesses, you probably offer some kind of product or service. Show your customers or clients how it works. You may also want to consider hiring someone to do professional video SEO for your product videos.
- Tour your office or workspace. Give a short video tour of your office—give people a “behind the scenes” look at where the magic happens. These are particularly appropriate for brands with a large and interesting following.
- Get to know your staff. Record each staff member giving a little bit of information about themselves and cut it together. If you have a lot of customer service representative’s that your clients talk to daily, this is a very fun way for your clients to get to know you.
- Record customers’ testimonials. Ask especially satisfied customers to sit for a short video testimonial. Nothing says “social proof” like a real person giving their honest thoughts. These are the perfect kinds of videos to share on social media, and hope someone else sees them, so you can get more customers.
- Display your charitable contributions. If your business is involved in a charity, make a short video about how your donations are helping the world. Doing good is a great way to feel great and to get more business.
- Ask for feedback. Make your request for feedback more personal by recording a short video.
What Formats Are Available to Me?
You don’t just have to break out your old camcorder and film a live-action video. While this is a good option for some types of videos (like introducing your staff or taking a tour of your office space), it might not be the best way to engage viewers in other types of videos. Here are just some of the formats available to you:
- Live action – You and/or your staff play the starring roles. It’s best not to choose anything too complicated. Write down what you want to say, but don’t read it off—this should be as casual and natural as possible.
- Whiteboard – Whiteboard videos are great for explaining products, services, or concepts related to your business.
- Animation – Animated videos are similarly excellent for explaining a product or to use strictly as a marketing tool.