Accepting mobile payments is a great way to expand the flexibility of your small business, especially when it comes to diversifying the way you can accept money. Additionally, it eliminates an expensive and sometimes complicated cash register system, and allows you to take payments at anytime, anywhere, at a moment’s notice—but only if the app works for you and your business. Finding the right mobile payment app or system can make it much easier and more reliable to accept credit or debit card payments, as well as other electronic payments. Here are the top three mobile payment options for small businesses.
Apple Pay is a more recent payment option, but has been gaining popularity widely and quickly. Here is some information about costs, the advantages, and the disadvantages.
Cost: No charges for merchants or customers
- Easy to use
- Available for any Apple devices
- Customers can pay directly from their own Apple device
- Does not work if your device is not NFC enabled
- Limiting who can use it and even what devices customers can use to pay for products
Flint Mobile is a great alternative to Apple Pay and has some additional features. While there are some fees for debit and credit card payments, there are some additional advantages that make accounting easier.
Cost: Flint charges a 1.95% fee for any debit card payment and a 2.95% fee for all credit card payments, but there are no fees for management of funds, even for sending invoices.
- One of the biggest advantages of Flint mobile is its ability to manage all profits, not just electronic payments.
- It can help you keep track of cash as well as credit and debit payments.
- It also syncs with QuickBooks.
- There’s also no need for hardware for card swiping, as it just scans the card using the device’s camera.
- The fees for Flint are pretty steep, with some other mobile payment options costing much less.
If Apple Pay or Flint Mobile isn’t for you, another popular option is PayPal Here, which works with the PayPal system.
Cost: PayPal has a 2.7% transaction fee, with additional fees for those that do not pay from their own PayPal account.
- PayPal has a long history of reliability and it’s a name that most people will recognize
- In addition, those with a PayPal account do not even have to use a card.
- They can pay directly from a PayPal app on their device to your store.
- There’s also the option to accept any kind of card payment, as well.
- PayPal has one of the highest transaction fees, but they have great invoicing tools, as well as a great system that allows you to track payments, unpaid invoices, and lends an air of legitimacy to your business.
For more mobile payment options, check out these articles by Business Bee and Business News Daily. For more tips to improve your small business, contact us at Shield Funding today! Also, check our blog regularly for tips on effectively running a small business.